SALT INFORMATIONDiclofenac Sodium(50 mg)
Bacterial eye infections and inflammation
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.
Diclofenac, like other NSAIDs is associated with several suspected or probable interactions that affect the action of other drugs. Some examples are discussed below. Diclofenac may increase the blood levels of lithium (Eskalith) by reducing the excretion of lithium by the kidneys. Increased levels of lithium may lead to lithium toxicity. Diclofenac may reduce the blood pressure lowering effects of blood pressure medications. This may occur because prostaglandins play a role in the regulation of blood pressure. When diclofenac is used in combination with aminoglycoside antibiotics [for example, gentamicin (Garamycin)] the blood levels of the aminoglycoside may increase, presumably because the elimination of aminoglycosides from the body is reduced. This may lead to more aminoglycoside-related side effects. Individuals taking oral blood thinners or anticoagulants [for example,warfarin (Coumadin)] should avoid diclofenac because diclofenac also thins the blood, and excessive blood thinning may lead to bleeding. Combining NSAIDs with methotrexate (Rheumatrex, Trexall) may reduce the elimination of methotrexate from the body and result in increased side effects from methotrexate.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
This medication is an NSAID, prescribed for severe pain. This medication decreases the hormones that cause inflammation and pain in the body.
- Voveran D Tabs(10 Tablet in Strip)Novartis Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.05/TabletRs. 20.47save 59% more per Tablet
- Zobid D(50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 2.17/TabletRs. 21.73save 56% more per Tablet
- Inac (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 2.80/TabletRs. 28save 43% more per Tablet
- Tromagesic (50mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Themis Medicare LtdRs. 0.60/TabletRs. 6save 88% more per Tablet
- Nuaclo (200mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Nuance Bio Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 12/TabletRs. 120pay 142% more per Tablet
Can I take Voveran Ge during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.