SALT INFORMATIONPrednisolone(5 mg)
Adrenal insufficiency, Asthma, Blood malignancies, Connective tissue diseases, Liver diseases, Ocular diseases, Renal diseases, Respiratory disease, Suppression of inflammatory and allergic disorders.
On long term use Cushing's syndrome and growth retardation in childn; osteoporosis, fractures. Peptic ulceration; glaucoma, cataract may occur.
Rifampin decreases blood levels of prednisolone by increasing its breakdown in the liver. The dose of prednisolone may need to be increased in order to avoid therapeutic failure. Corticosteroids have variable effects of warfarin (Coumadin) therapy. Coagulation levels should be monitored more closely when anticoagulants are combined with corticosteroids. Estrogens may increase the levels of prednisolone by decreasing its breakdown. When estrogens are used with prednisolone, side effects of prednisolone should be monitored.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Glucocorticoids such as Prednisolone can inhibit leukocyte infiltration at the site of inflammation, interfere with mediators of inflammatory response, and suppress humoral immune responses. The antiinflammatory actions of glucocorticoids are thought to involve phospholipase A2 inhibitory proteins, lipocortins, which control the biosynthesis of potent mediators of inflammation such as prostaglandins and leukotrienes. Prednisolone reduces inflammatory reaction by limiting the capillary dilatation and permeability of the vascular structures. These compounds restrict the accumulation of polymorphonuclear leukocytes and macrophages and reduce the release of vasoactive kinins.
- Wysolone 5mgtabNew(15 Tablet in Strip)Wyeth IndiaRs. 0.04/TabletRs. 0.58save 92% more per Tablet
- Predone (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.47/TabletRs. 4.67pay 2% more per Tablet
- Predcip (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.50/TabletRs. 4.98pay 8% more per Tablet
- Ortilone (5mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ortin Laboratories LtdRs. 0.51/TabletRs. 5.10pay 11% more per Tablet
- Wysolone 5gmtab(15s)(15 Tablet in Strip)Wyeth IndiaRs. 0.61/TabletRs. 9.22pay 34% more per Tablet
Can I take Wysolone (5mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.