SALT INFORMATIONAzithromycin(250 mg)
Azithromycin is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat, chest, ear, skin, soft tissues, and sexually transmitted genitourinary infections.
* Very Common: loose motions, urge to vomit, gas, abdominal pain. * Common: lack of appetite, dizziness, altered taste sensation, problems digesting your food, stomach pain or cramps, headache, sensation of pins and needles or numbness, visual impairment, deafness, skin rashes and itching, joint pain, weakness, fatigue, change in the quantity of the white blood cells and the concentration of bicarbonate in the blood. * Uncommon: fungal and bacterial infection, inflammation in various body parts (mouth, throat, nose, vagina, stomach, skin), pain in various body parts (joints, muscle, back, neck and chest), breathlessness, chest pain, flu, allergy, reduced sense of touch, sleepiness, spinning sensation, hearing loss or ringing in your ears, palpitations, hot flushes, shortness of breath, nosebleed, constipation, difficulty swallowing, dry mouth, belching, liver problems such as hepatitis, allergic skin reactions, severe form of skin flushing, increased sweating, , increase in blood urea levels, testicular disorder, face swelling, fever, feeling of discomfort, weakness, change in liver enzyme levels and blood levels. * Rare: kidney problems.
* Azithromycin is known to interact with other drugs including antacids, cyclosporine, digoxin, ergotamine, cholesterol lowering medicines (statins), warfarin, cisapride, terfenadine, zidovudine or nelfinavir, rifabutin and quinidine. * Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Azithromycin belongs to a class of medications called macrolide antibiotics. Azithromycin works by killing bacteria by preventing them from reproducing and repairing themselves.
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration * Adult- 500 mg once daily for 3 days or 500 mg on first day then 250 mg once daily for 4 days. * Children (over 6 months)- 200-300 mg once daily for 3 days. * For sexually transmitted genitourinary infections: 500 mg once daily for 7 days.
DOs and DON'Ts
* Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin or any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine. * Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for upto 2 hours before and after taking this drug * Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant * Do not take this medicine if you are breast feeding
Azithromycin should not be taken by patients who are allergic (hypersensitive) to azithromycin, erythromycin or any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic or any of the other ingredients.
Q. Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest.Q. Is azithromycin safe in pregnancy and breast feeding?There is insufficient information available about the use of azithromycin during pregnancy. Therefore do not use azithromycin during pregnancy, unless explicitly advised by your doctor.Q. Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?No. Both are different type of antibiotic.Q. Is azithromycin safe?Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
* Summary of product characteristics: https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/2577#POSOLOGY * Patient information leaflet. https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/27547 * National Formulary of India. 4 th ed. India: Government of India, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission; 2011, pp. 118.
- Azee Ax(250)(10 Tablet in Strip)Cipla LtdRs. 4.40/TabletRs. 44save 56% more per Tablet
- Azifect (250mg)(60 Tablet in Packet)Effect Biotech IncRs. 1.10/TabletRs. 66save 89% more per Tablet
- Moazil (250mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Shreeji Healthcare ImpexRs. 1.20/TabletRs. 12save 88% more per Tablet
- Anncin (250mg)(100 Tablet in Packet)Accurate PharmaceuticalsRs. 1.39/TabletRs. 139save 86% more per Tablet
- Azimust (250mg)(6 Tablet in Strip)Jvd Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 1.82/TabletRs. 10.90save 82% more per Tablet
Can I take Zady Dt(250mg) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.