Chlorpheniramine is used to treat symptoms of allergic conditions such as runny nose, itchy skin rash with irregular raised patches (hives), red and swollen airways, common cold, and hay fever, food allergy, reaction to drugs or vaccines, and in insect bites.
Common side-effects include sleepiness and difficulty in remaining alert, unusual tiredness or weakness, headache, dizziness, slowing of physical and emotional reactions, dry mouth, blurred vision, dry eyes, sensitivity to sunlight or artificial light, diarrhea, urge to vomit, vomiting, and skin reactions.
Chlorpheniramine interacts with diazepam, nitrazepam, phenelzine, tranylcypromine or anti-depressants to cause effects like blurred vision and dry mouth. Chlorpheniramine enhances the effect of phenytoin and may cause toxic reaction. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Chlorpheniramine reduces allergy symptoms by blocking the activity of a natural bodily substance (histamine) that is produced during allergic reactions. It also blocks the activity of another substance (acetylcholine) that further helps dry up certain body fluids to cause relief from runny nose.
- Respinil Expt(60ml)(1 Syrup in Bottle)Skan Research LabRs. 18.99/SyrupRs. 18.99save 36% more per Syrup
- Cadicoff Cough(60ml)(60 ml Syrup in Bottle)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 35.60/SyrupRs. 35.60save 98% more per Syrup
- Cofheal (60ml)(1 Syrup in Bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 39/SyrupRs. 39pay 32% more per Syrup
- Cofheal D(60ml)(1 Syrup in Bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 39.50/SyrupRs. 39.50pay 34% more per Syrup
- Piriton Cough(60ml)(1 Syrup in Bottle)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 41/SyrupRs. 41pay 39% more per Syrup
Can I take Zincold Pd(60ml) during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown no risk to the fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.