SALT INFORMATIONOlanzapine(15 mg)
Schizophrenia.Acute mixed or manic episodes in bipolar disorder.
Nausea, stomach upset, skin rash, acute toxicity.
Carbamazepine (Tegretol) can reduce blood concentrations of olanzapine, possibly necessitating higher doses of olanzapine. Other drugs that may also reduce blood levels of olanzapine areomeprazole (Prilosec) and rifampin. Smoking may reduce blood concentrations of olanzapine. Ciprofloxacin (Cipro), diltiazem (Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac), erythromycin, and fluvoxamine (Luvox) may have the opposite effect, that is, they may increase blood levels of olanzapine, and the dose of olanzapine may need to be reduced. Olanzapine can causeorthostatic hypotension, a drop in blood pressure upon standing up that may cause dizziness or even fainting. Taking olanzapine with eitherdiazepam (Valium), other related benzodiazepines or alcohol can exaggerate the orthostatic hypotension caused by olanzapine.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Olanzapine is an atypical antipsychotic, produces antischizophrenic effect through a a combination ofÂ dopamine type 2 (D2) and serotoninÂ type 2 (5-HT2) antagonisms.
- Psycholanz (15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 6.80/TabletRs. 68pay 8% more per Tablet
- Zypine Md(15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 7/TabletRs. 70pay 11% more per Tablet
- Ozapine Md(15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 7/TabletRs. 70pay 11% more per Tablet
- Tolaz (15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7/TabletRs. 70pay 11% more per Tablet
- Manza (15mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.10/TabletRs. 71pay 13% more per Tablet
Can I take Zoplon (15mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.