SALT INFORMATIONBupropion Hydrochloride(150 mg)
Treatment of nocotine dependence as an aid to smoking cessation.
Facial oedema, nausea, dry mouth, constipation, diarrhoea, anorexia; mouth ulcer, thirst, myalgia.
It interacts with Neuroleptics, lithium and TCAs, benzodiazepine, alcohol and drugs that lower seizure threshold. Increased risk of side effects when co-admin with levodopa
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Bupropion HCl is a relatively weak inhibitor of the neuronal uptake of norepinephrine, serotinin and dopamine. The mechanism by which it aids in smoking cessation is presumed to be mediated by its noradrenergic and/or dopaminergic actions.
- Bupron Sr(150mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 8.20/TabletRs. 82pay 8% more per Tablet
- Bupron Xl(150mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.90/TabletRs. 99pay 30% more per Tablet
- Ession Er(150mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)PsycoremediesRs. 6.50/TabletRs. 65save 14% more per Tablet
- Bupdep (150mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Mediez Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 8.50/TabletRs. 85pay 12% more per Tablet
- Bupisure Er(150mg)(10 Tablet in Strip)Gentech Healthcare Pvt LtdRs. 8.99/TabletRs. 89.90pay 18% more per Tablet
Can I take Zupion Sr during pregnancy?
Studies in animals have shown risk to fetus, however there are no sufficient studies in humans. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Can I take Zupion Sr while breastfeeding/lactation?
Can I take Zupion Sr with alcohol?
Since there is some doubt about the results of concurrent use in this interaction, it is advised to give some guidance to the patient about its possible adverse effects and/or consider close monitoring.