SALT INFORMATIONCelecoxib(200 mg)
Pain and inflammation in osteoarthritis
Abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, oedema, dizziness, headache, insomnia, upper respiratory tract infections (URTI); rash.
Co-admin with fluconazole increases plasma concentrations of celecoxib. Avoid co-admin with cytochrome P450 2C9 inhibitors. Increased risk of GI bleeding when used with oral corticosteroids, anticoagulants or alcohol.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Celecoxib is a nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug (NSAID) that is used to treat arthritis, pain, menstrual cramps, and colonic polyps. Prostaglandins are chemicals that are important contributors to the inflammation of arthritis that causes pain, fever, swelling and tenderness. Celecoxib blocks the enzyme that makes prostaglandins (cyclooxygenase 2), resulting in lower concentrations of prostaglandins. As a consequence, inflammation and its accompanying pain, fever, swelling and tenderness are reduced. Celecoxib differs from other NSAIDs in that it causes less inflammation and ulceration of the stomach and intestine (at least with short-term use) and does not interfere with the clotting of blood.
- J Flex(200mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Aurobindo Pharma LtdRs. 3/CapsuleRs. 30save 75% more per Capsule
- Celcox (200mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Lupin Laboratories LtdRs. 3.71/CapsuleRs. 37.05save 69% more per Capsule
- Celedol (200mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Ipca Laboratories LtdRs. 4.08/CapsuleRs. 40.85save 66% more per Capsule
- Coxib (200mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Micro Labs Ltd (Brown & Burk )Rs. 2/CapsuleRs. 20save 83% more per Capsule
- Celib (200mg)(10 Capsule in Strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 6.66/CapsuleRs. 66.60save 44% more per Capsule
Can I take Zycel (200mg) during pregnancy?
Experiences of drug use and evidence from studies in pregnant women have shown risk to fetus. This drug may be used in pregnant women if benefit outweighs the risk. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.